Message From Our Head of School
Dr. Ladona Clayton
One doesn’t have to look very far to understand that American institutions—entertainment, politics, economics, media, and education—are shaped by the culture we live in. However, we are not called to be shaped by it but to be the shapers of it. We are called to be in the world, but not of the world: “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing, and perfect will” (Romans 12:2, NIV). We have been set apart. We “are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for His own possession, that [we] may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called [us] out of darkness into His marvelous light” (I Pet. 2:9, ESV). At TSCA, we have been asking ourselves if we really believe this. Are we actively seeking to shape our culture for Christ? Do we recognize and live our lives as a chosen race . . . a people for His own possession? We want our scholars and families to recapture their role as culture makers—shapers of a culture that reflects the love and hope of Christ. Therefore, we must endeavor to “put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and . . . forgiving each other” (Col. 3:12-14, ESV). Rather than staying on the periphery of God’s plan for their lives, TSCA scholars are gravitating to the center of that plan. And, embracing it knowing that God equips, positions, and empowers them to fulfill His plan. God has placed visionary leaders, committed teachers, and God-fearing parents in our scholars’ path to prepare them for an extraordinary life of service to God and society. He has given them His WORD as the road map for such a life. He has blessed them with talents and abilities. We desire our scholars to be exceptional academicians who can use their minds well for the glory of God—employing logic, knowledge, understanding, and Godly wisdom to address societal issues and create innovative solutions to complex challenges. We want them to reach the lost and serve people through mission-centered ministry. We want them to be self-disciplined in their study of the Word and their commitment to fitness for life. We are exhorting our scholars to tap into every opportunity afforded to them and to seek every day to become . . .
It is our vision that TSCA scholars be Truth Seekers and Culture Shapers. We want them to KNOW and SPEAK Truth in the marketplace of ideas, in the mission-focused ministries, and in the circles of influence where they live and breathe every day. Come join us in making this vision a reality!
A CULTURE SHAPER FOR CHRIST,
DR. LADONA K. CLAYTON
We LOVE our Teachers
Want to join our team?
If you have a passion for teaching, a knack for engaging learners, and a talent for bringing the classroom to life, then look no further – TSCA is the place for you! A group of talented, inquisitive, and dedicated scholars is seeking engaging Christian teachers who set high expectations for student learning through a variety of teaching methods and strategies. Full-time hours are 7:45-4:00 (unless applying for part-time position.) Bachelor’s degree required. Current teaching license preferred, but not required. Must apply for ACSI certification within one year of employment if you do not hold a teaching license. Beginning school year 2020-2021: August 1 – May 28.
PRE-K TEACHER ( POSITION FILLED)
- Grades 1, 2, and 3 (POSITIONS FILLED)
- High School Math (Grades 9-12) (POSITION FILLED)
- Middle School Math & Science (Grades 6-8) (POSITION FILLED)
- Yearbook (High School) ( POSITION FILLED)
- Entrepreneurship (High School) ( POSITION FILLED)
- Full-Time Spanish Teacher (or part time for grades 9-12) ( POSITION FILLED)
Any part-time position can be matched with other positions to create a full-time position if desired.
SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS:
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE. (POSITION FILLED)
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS. Tyler Street Christian Academy continues to need substitute teachers in grades PK-12 for the 2020-2021 school year. Must have at least your high school diploma or GED to apply.
To apply for any of these teaching or support staff positions, please access an online Employment Application at either of these LINKS: PDF Application or WORD DOC Application Please submit your completed application to Dr. Ladona Clayton, 915 W. 9th Street, Dallas, TX 75208, or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information, please contact Dr. Clayton at 575-760-3098.
Because the founders of TSCA brought the school into being based on principles set down by the Word, TSCA is dedicated to a strict program of exceptional educational opportunity and the preservation of Christian ideals. TSCA faculty are unique among others because their thoughtful, spiritual insights are as much a part of the daily curriculum as the subjects they instruct.
Dr. Morell and his wife Ann envisioned an academy that would promote a spirit of excellence, and would work alongside families in building up the whole person of each child: intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. They envisioned a place that would become a model academy for other Christian organizations, and help students to see all things as God sees them – with justice, love and mercy.
Here We are
As a result, it is our objective to produce graduates who are intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually mature. We place a high value on servant-leadership, and strive to instill in our students a sense of responsibility for their community.
Today, as a mature and established school, we continue to serve our community as the only private, Christian preschool-12th grade school in the southern sector of Dallas.
Goals for Students
- Develop the whole person (spiritual, mental, physical) along biblical principles.
- Accept the Holy Bible as the foundation of truth and life.
- Desire a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Develop a system of decision making that will morally and ethically guide them through a changing world.
- Build a desire to reach their highest potential as responsible citizens.
- Develop a lifelong intention to apply the Christian faith through service to the community.
- Accept and appreciate themselves and others as valuable individuals regardless of social, political, racial, physical, or ethnic differences.
- Select a vocational role that reflects their individuality in thought, ability, personality, and desire.
- Develop the necessary skills required for meaningful participation in society as an adult.
- Develop competency in communication and research skills, and in the ability to make mature decisions.
- Develop a love for learning and the skills necessary to pursue that love effectively throughout life.
Students to Teachers
Portrait of a Graduate
Jordan Favors, Class of 2019
“I appreciate the teachers who have impacted my life. I truly feel prepared for college and my future, because of the foundation this school gave me. There were many ups and downs, but I know why I am a Christian, and I know how I am going to positively impact the world. I found my purpose here. That is what matters most. Thank you, TSCA.”
- Offer from Southern Methodist University
- Offer from Texas Christian University
- General MacArthur Honors Full Tuition Scholarship offer from Howard Payne University
- Offer from Mountain View College
- Offer from El Centro College
- Offer from Tarleton State University
Tyler Street Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship program, and athletic and other school-administered programs. (Galatians 3:28)