Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith
Tyler Street Christian Academy educates by inspiring students to love learning, strengthening students with Christ-like character and Biblical foundations for living, and encouraging students to pursue their dreams and callings.
Tyler Street Christian Academy’s vision is to be an excellent Christian school that develops servant leaders in a loving, nurturing environment.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the eternally existing, personal, triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, where He now acts as Mediator and Advocate.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling in all believers enables them to live Godly lives.
- We believe that the Holy Bible is a sufficient guide for all men, that it is an inspired Word of God through the activity of the Holy Spirit, and that in holy reverence it is our chief authority for living. In matters difficult to resolve through Christian prayer and conversation and Church tradition, it is accepted as our final authority in faith and practice.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men and that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again and become children of God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the necessity of all His followers maintaining good works as evidence of faith.
- We believe that those who accept Jesus Christ as their Savior become members of the living body of Christ and thereby will seek out, join and participate in a local Church through worship of God, have fellowship with the brethren, and give service to all mankind in a sacrificial spirit.
- We believe that every believer and follower of the Lord Jesus Christ must be responsible to witness by deed and by word, and thereby will be involved in the evangelization of the world, personally and through missionary efforts.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ as the fulfillment and vindication of history, that all men are in need of salvation for this life and the next, and that some will know the resurrection of life and a heavenly homecoming, while others will know the final separation from God and the Hell of His lost love and providence.