Student Body and Staff
- 157 students – Pre-K through 12th grade
- 25 Faculty Members
- 6:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- 60% of faculty hold advanced degrees
GOALS FOR STUDENTS
- Develop the whole person (spiritual, mental, physical) along biblical principles.
- Accept the Holy Bible as the foundation of truth and life.
- Desire a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Develop a system of decision making that will morally and ethically guide them through a changing world.
- Build a desire to reach their highest potential as responsible citizens.
- Develop a lifelong intention to apply the Christian faith through service to the community.
- Accept and appreciate themselves and others as valuable individuals regardless of social, political, racial, physical, or ethnic differences.
- Select a vocational role that reflects their individuality in thought, ability, personality, and desire.
- Develop the necessary skills required for meaningful participation in society as an adult.
- Develop competency in communication and research skills, and in the ability to make mature decisions.
- Develop a love for learning and the skills necessary to pursue that love effectively throughout life.
Portrait of a Graduate
Daniel Amador-Ponce, Class of 2017 Daniel Amador-Ponce graduated in May of 2017 as the senior class Valedictorian and is currently attending The University of Texas in Austin on a full-ride scholarship where he is studying pre-med. While at Tyler Street Daniel was a stellar student-athlete earning the varsity football and varsity basketball captain roles. He also ran varsity track his sophomore through senior year of high school. While participating in athletics, Daniel maintained a 4.45 GPA, participated in Robotics Club, and was Student Council President. Daniel achieved all of this while maintaining perfect attendance his entire high school career. Daniel’s accomplishments are many, and as a result, he was awarded 10 different offers and scholarships his senior year.
- Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship
- Texas Valedictorian Scholarship
- Kappa Alpha Psi Scholarship
- Momentous Institute Scholarship
- Offer from Houston Baptist University
- Offer from Abilene Christian University
- Presidential Scholarship offer from the University of Texas A&M – Texarkana
- Offer from Grand Canyon University
- Offer from Beacon College
- Offer from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
“The biggest lesson that I’ve taken away from my time at TSCA is that life is not about you. It’s about how you can serve others… Jesus said, ‘The greatest among you is your servant.’ That’s my biggest lesson I learned at Tyler Street. And it’s certainly one I won’t forget.”
Tyler Street Christian Academy has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (now called AdvancED SACS CASI) since 1988 and was previously accredited by the Texas Education Agency in 1975. The Academy is recognized by the Texas Education Agency and the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission and holds membership in the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Texas Association of Non-Public Schools (TANS).